Whew...time sure is flying by. It's hard to believe another month has gone by and what a month it has been. We've celebrated a BIG birthday, had a leaking roof fixed, and celebrated a fun holiday.
First came the BIG birthday. Alana turned 1 at 3:11 pm on October 14th. I can't believe that it's already been a year. I remember the first few weeks thinking that time was going so slow. I'm sure the sleep deprivation had something to do with it, but after a few months time seemed to pick up speed and it hasn't stopped since. People are telling you the truth when they say to enjoy every minute because you blink and it's gone. Alana's party was the weekend before her birthday and we were able to have all our friends and family over to celebrate. The weather was wonderful and we were thrilled that everyone could celebrate with us.
Here's the Birthday Girl herself
Both her cakes (of course, she deserved her own :-) )
MMMMMM.... Icing
(she wouldn't put her hand in the cake)
Present Mayhem
Thanks to everyone who made this birthday special for us...we love all of y'all.
Amongst all the birthday planning and celebrating, we found out that we had some storm damage to our roof and that water was making it's way into our attic, ceiling, and wall. It was quite an endeavor and I'm certainly glad it's all been repaired and all I can say is thank goodness for home owners insurance. It sure saved the day for us!!
Once all the home repairs were finished it was time to celebrate Halloween which is a favorite holiday of mine. I love to carve pumpkins and it makes it so much more fun when there are little people around. Since Alana's first word was puppy, we decided that she should definitely be a puppy for Halloween. She turned out way cuter that I could have imagined...as you can see!
Cutest Puppy Ever
She can even roll over!!!
Getting ready to Trick-or-Treat
Family Picture!!
Alana also got the added bonus of celebrating Halloween with her Mimi & Poppy which was super fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment